Buyer - Mobile Phone Cases at PopSockets LLC
Title: Purchasing Agent Mobile Phone Cases
Location: Boulder, CO
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
The Role: The Purchasing Agent for phone cases works cross-functionally with multiple internal and external departments to ensure adequate item availability to support sales. The Purchasing Agent for mobile accessories and contract manufacturing (CM) is responsible for supplier relationships, inventory/ asset purchasing, in depth understanding of accessory compatibility for various mobile device models. Working knowledge of injection molding and other high volume manufacturing processes. The job focuses on finding the correct suppliers and components, driving down costs, optimizing capacity planning, production management, and on time delivery to the PopSockets’ global fulfillment centers.
The Case Purchasing Agent works cross-functionally with multiple internal and external departments to ensure: cost leadership, supplier management, adequate item availability to support sales, and maintenance of corporate standards for social and sustainability. The case Purchasing Agent is responsible for supplier relationships, inventory/ asset planning and purchasing, in depth understanding of the total case market and supply chain. Working knowledge of resins, injection molding, and high volume decoration processes is essential. The job focuses on finding the correct suppliers and components, driving down costs, optimizing capacity planning, production management, and on time delivery to the PopSockets’ global fulfillment centers.
Responsibilities: The Purchasing Agent is responsible for overall supply and delivery to, PopSockets’ global fulfillment locations, from various global suppliers.
- Analyze demand, inventory and supply plan to create SKU level buy and delivery plan.
- Execute weekly/monthly purchase order releases and manage production schedules with multiple global suppliers.
- Lead S&OP Purchasing meetings.
- Ensures day-to-day implementation of relevant policies and procedures as per PopSockets's Purchasing Practices Policy
- On time deliveries from Supplier to Fulfillment Centers
- Supplier relationship management
- Supplier qualification to PopSockets social compliance and sustainability standards
- Work with Product and Sales teams to ensure the timely delivery and launch of new products.
- Monitor global fulfillment center inventory by tracking purchase receipts, cycle counts, transfers, and other inventory reconciliation activities.
- Management of supplier capacity and fulfillment priorities.
- Minimizing PopSockets inventory exposure.
- Managing independent capacity models within product lines
- 7 to 10 years of experience managing WW suppliers, buying, planning, and purchasing Phone cases in an ERP based environment. Microsoft Nav is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, engineering, or business-related field
- APICS certification CSCP, CPIM is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for data-driven decision making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
Salary range for the role is 85-105k base, based on experience.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.