Business Unit Manager at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
At FIS, our technology and our people are moving forward. We advance the way the world pays, banks and invests. We believe in building inclusive, diverse teams. Together, we innovate to help our colleagues, clients and communities succeed. If you're ready to grow your career and make an impact in fintech, we have one question: Are you FIS?
About the role:
The Credit payments team works across the FIS enterprise and influences and directs other Business Units growth opportunities relevant to Product, Development, Operations, and Implementations in order to meet financial goals 1-3 years out. The individual in this role will be working with the Credit Segment Directors on growth goals across Consumer, PLCC, SMB and Commercial Card payments.
About the team: This team reports to the VP, Business Executive
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for directing the organization to ensure the Credit Payments attainment of its financial goals. You will assist with sales accountability, product delivery and commitment to timelines, cost optimization and operational goals within the division/business unit in support of the company's overall financial and strategic objectives.
- Establishes budgets, short- and long-range objectives and criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Administers the Credit Payment organization's policies through subordinate managers and directs and coordinates activities of more than one department such as engineering, operations, information technology, accounting and finance.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the division/business unit
- Develop Business: Uncover, secure, and manage/grow strategic third-party partnerships
- Collaborate on Sales process and education on new offerings and drive sales uptake
- Close Deals: Assist Sales on large, needle-moving deals
- Build Extended relationships across internal and external stakeholders
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 10 - 15+ years of General Management experience with an emphasis on client engagement.
- Must be available to work central time or eastern standard time work hours.
- P&L Experience/Acumen.
- Experience managing managers as well as professional level individual contributors.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the division/business unit.
Added bonus if you have:
- Credit Card and Payments knowledge industry is a plus.
What we offer: At FIS, you can learn, grow and make an impact in your career. Our benefits include:
- Flexible and creative work environment
- Diverse and collaborative atmosphere
- Professional and personal development resources
- Opportunities to volunteer and support charities
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.