Business Unit Leader
We're not for everybody. We're for those who are passionate, unapologetically ambitious, and determined for success. Is that you? Then we should talk.
We hire talented people that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where every day brings a new challenge. If you've been searching for an opportunity to help shape the future of temporary housing, we want to talk to you!
With central locations in Denver, our employees work and live in culturally vibrant and growing Mile High City. Our headquarters, just minutes from downtown Denver, Cherry Creek and offers westward views of the Entire Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Easy access to a full-service gym, nearby restaurants, coffee shops, and free parking.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Unit Leader to join our Denver-based sales team! As a crucial member of a high-performance team, reporting directly to the Chief Strategy Office. This role offers the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future of an exceptional brand. In partnership with the CSO, this individual will help build and shape a world-class, revenue-generating sales engine!
The Business Unit Leader will be responsible for the growth and operational efficiencies of all the activities that support our clients. Responsibilities include P&L ownership (top-line growth and bottom-line expansion), customer satisfaction, and cross-departmental operational improvements. The Business Unit Leader will provide strong daily leadership to a cross-functional team and process rigor for a standardized excellent customer experience. The Business Unit Leader will work closely with the executive leadership team to ensure strategic objectives and initiatives are achieved.
Our Vision is to become the largest and most loved corporate housing company in the U.S. and the Business Unit Leader is key to helping us achieve that.
- Establish annual and monthly objectives for revenue and profitability (P&L responsibility)
- Manage a cross-functional team of Territory Managers (Operations) and Account Managers (Sales/Customer Support) to ensure objectives are achieved
- Work cross-departmentally with other leaders to ensure client expectations are being met (e.g. Accounting, Customer Service, Operations, Technology, Sales, and Marketing)
- Recruit, retain, and manage 6-8 associates (directly or indirectly)
- Document, establish, and improve policies and procedures to drive scalability and effectiveness in the department
- Work cross-vertical with other Business Unit Leaders to share best practices and improvements that may benefit the larger organization
- Present Quarterly Business Reviews with top clients
- Track and report on team’s success ensuring people are held accountable to their goals
- Self-driven: can exceed goals under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills in a matrixed organization
- Balanced between strategic and tactical: must be able to think ahead and keep the bigger picture in mind, while ensuring smooth running of the day to day operations of the department
- 5+ years of related work experience with customer delivery and success
- 3+ years of leadership/operations management experience
- 3+ years of process improvement experience
- BS/BA in Management or related field
- MBA preferred
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.