Business Systems Manager at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
As a senior individual contributor, you will own the discovery, definition, and implementation of the strategic plan for our enterprise software applications and software integrations in support of business objectives. You’ll design and maintain software configurations that optimize the enterprise and end-user needs to drive business value and user experience. In addition, you’ll refine our existing systems intake and management processes to maximize efficiency and outcomes.
Success looks like
- In 30 days, develop cross-functional relationships and understand team process flows and their existing tool use
- In 60 days, Map current state of systems and processes
- In 90 Days, develop and manage systems strategy and roadmap that meaningfully progresses SonderMind’s efficiency and data flow
- Past 90 days, you will manage our systems and tech stack to maximize enterprise value while enabling teams
What you'll do
- Collaborate with teams across SonderMind to understand their process flows and assess their needs to determine how best to align existing and new systems to support their work.
- Continuous review of processes and systems to proactively recommend improvements. Optimize, steamline and integrate various enterprise software applications to ensure that available software is being used efficiently and effectively to maximize productivity and improve work processes.
- In support of the above, define detailed business/functional requirements, process flow diagrams, and use cases. Drive the design, development, test and delivery of new technologies to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Manage the intake of reported issues or enhancement requests, identifying technical root cause, and developing effective resolutions.
- Work with our Analytics team to ensure software applications and related configurations provide the necessary data structure and form for our business analytics.
What you'll bring with you
- Communication- adept at influencing, negotiating, and building rapport with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels
- Proactivity- acts without being told what to. Brings new ideas
- Creativity/ Innovation- generates new and innovative approaches to problems
- Honesty/Integrity-does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is expedient. Speaks plainly and truly
- Follow through on Commitments- lives up to written and verbal agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Minimum of 5 years experience owning SaaS applications and enabling business processes at an enterprise level
- Ability to build relationships, make decisions, and provide advice/explain the rational for the decision
- Able to manage deadlines and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, and transparent environment using project management, communication, and change management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of business software integrations
- Knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and system analysis/design is strongly preferred
- Experience working with healthcare systems and have a deep understanding of compliance, security, and privacy needs
- Have a strong work ethic with commitment to quality results and delivery excellence
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range for this role is $100,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate based on experience and skills
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.