Business Systems Analyst Specialist at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
The Business Systems Analyst Specialist is a cross-functional leader with demonstrated experience in user centered design practices, business systems analysis and design, UI and interaction design concepting, and test validation.
- Designs large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research.
- May function as a project or sprint leader, or frequently as the subject matter expert.
- Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple functional areas and business segments.
- Coaches and mentors junior technical staff, works under minimal supervision on complex projects and wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Typically requires 8+ years of demonstrated applications development experience.
- Work closely with product management, architecture, engineers and other team members to understand requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
What you bring:
- Can clearly and efficiently communicate design concepts, business and functional requirements, detailed and complex designs, risks and impacts, alternate solutions, and effort estimates to a broad range of people including clients, vendors, business stakeholders, executive management, development resources, and other lines of business within FIS through a range of methods as appropriate for the audience, including verbal, presentations, and written documentation.
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of user experience, applicable business systems, and industry requirements.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs through research and data synthesis, documentation of requirements and translation into functional requirements; provides traceability to architectural standards and business requirements.
- Lead or participate in story and sprint definition and scoping activities.
- Lead role in creating, prioritizing, and maintain development backlog.
- Strong understanding of architectural, interaction, and visual design practices and patterns, and ensures they are followed throughout development.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Identifies/documents api, field definitions, business rules and field mapping .
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.