Business Systems Analyst Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Finance
Travel Percentage :
WHO ARE WE:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About this team:
The Corporate Applications team at FIS is looking to add a dynamic, motivated member to the Planview System Admin Team. Planview is a centralized, integrated software solution for portfolio management, project management, resource management, and time tracking solution used by our internal FIS teams around the globe. Our focus is on delivering quality customer support to our internal clients and delivering a feature rich application and PPM solutions for the enterprise.
WHAT IS THE POSITION:
FIS is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our Planview System Admin team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a solid background in business systems analysis who likes to contribute new ideas and is excited to work with the team supporting our on premise Planview Enterprise One application used by the enterprise.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures the results are as expected and correct.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- You have a passion for problem solving, supporting our internal users, and being part of a dynamic, global team.
- You understand software development lifecycle, SQL, and business analysis methodologies.
- You know how to think through a problem and determine the best solution.
- You take good notes and you are willing to ask for help when needed - this is important!
- If you enjoy learning from a variety of team members, developing new ways to enhance existing processes, are driven by real-world applications and are looking for a great place to grow your career - we want to hear from you! We are looking for smart, driven and dedicated team members to join our team.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Knowledgeable of industry standard project management methodology
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- At least 2 years experience as a Planview System Administrator in an on premise or cloud environment
- Financial Services background is a plus
- Experience in migrating large groups of users to the Planview platform is a plus
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, Agile and other modern approaches to software development
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.