Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
The Business Analyst II is responsible for defining (and/or redefining) business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes. The Business Analyst II is an active participant in all phases of the project lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented and met.
Works with team to ensure that project tasks are appropriately assigned and completed in a timely fashion. Escalate problems and pertinent issues to manager or project manager as appropriate.
This position interacts directly with OMNI clients to assist them in the articulation of their business needs so that OMNI system can respond appropriately to the work order in hand. The Business Analyst must work to understand the client’s business, processes, and goals to offer accurate, valuable analysis and recommendations.
- Specify detailed requirements according to standard templates, using natural language. Write business requirements that are clear, concise, accurate and at the appropriate level of detail to ensure understanding by the business stakeholder team. Document and maintain requirements by performing requirements analysis and verification.
- Perform needs analysis activities, such as data-gathering, documentation, validation, and presentation
- Ability to determine and document gap analysis under the direction of the Project Manager. Assess the current capabilities of the enterprise and identify gaps which prevent it from meeting business needs. Identify where change is required to achieve objectives, and Document gaps and solution opportunities.
- Guides team members in defining and documenting use cases and test conditions
- Document and maintain functional and non-functional requirements. Document and maintain transitional requirements when applicable, capture and describe the capabilities, both behavior and operational, the chosen solution must manage and perform within the functional requirements documentation.
- Holds team members accountable and enforces project deadlines and consistently applies project standards
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively for themselves and other Business Analysts, and understands the components of running a fiscally successful project
- Responds appropriately and quickly to client requests, and escalates issues clearly and immediately
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree desirable.
- Requires 4+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working with OmniPlus in a transaction processing, business analyst, technical analyst or QA Analyst role
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and learn new processes and technologies quickly
- Experience working in an agile delivery model
- Experience writing requirements in User Story or Gherkin language
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry, specifically as related to defined contribution and define benefits administration
- Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Added bonus if you have:
- Must be self-directed, organized, detail-oriented, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates professionalism and responsiveness at all times on the job
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to work with all personality types to overcome obstacles and keep on schedule
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.