Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in North America
About the team
FIS™ InTrader offers advanced portfolio management and accounting solutions with trading capabilities, so you can improve investment performance while streamlining operations.
What you will be doing
Performs role of Product Owner in Agile development scrum team. Provides team with vision of desired outcome. Performs story definition, grooming, and acceptance criteria activities with the team. Provides clarification as needed to assist the team with story estimates, story sequencing and ensuring stories align with objectives and acceptance criteria. Manages, prioritizes, and refines scrum team backlog. Responsible for accepting stories as "done". Assists team with other tasks as required.
Provides support to the Sales team by performing tasks such as: preparing and delivering application product demonstrations for new client prospects or existing clients, participating in the Request for Proposal/Request for Information responses for new client prospects. Periodic travel is required.
Gather, compile, assess and document market information from observable inputs in competitive environment. Knowledge of fixed-income bank securities competitive environment is preferred. Translate market needs into functional product and service offerings for incorporation into product roadmap and product release schedule. Prepare and presents materials such as: product surveys, enhancement and release announcements, functional webinars, project plans and schedules, implementation plans, training materials and other documentation or presentations as required.
Contributes to and participates in FIS and industry client, prospect and market facing conferences, seminars, webinars, and other industry events as required.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
• Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
• Reports and reviews testing results.
• Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
• May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
• Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
• Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, accounting, finance, actuarial science, computer information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree desirable.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- InTrader or other fixed income securities processing application knowledge preferred.
- Pragmatic Marketing Level VI certification
- Experienced in Agile development process, ceremonies, and methodology
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.