Business Process Auditor at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Business Process Auditor. This role will work with the payments processing team and compliance team to gain an understanding of the day-to-day payments, reimbursements, tuition assistance, books and fees, and eligibility processes to evaluate and improve upon controls related to these processes. This individual will work with the Business Process Auditor to address ad hoc payments issues that cause invoicing errors.
As a Business Process Auditor you will:
- Work with the Sr. Business Process Analyst and Payments leads to address any problems that arise
- Support the SOC 1 audit by assisting walkthroughs, collecting evidence, and maintaining the evidence in an accessible repository
- Support Guild partner audits by assisting walkthroughs, collecting evidence, maintaining the evidence in an accessible repository, and crafting external-facing reports
- Support the internal audit by performing periodic assessments (IE, collecting evidence and evaluating the operating efficiency of controls)
- Work with the team to understand any risks not covered by proactive controls and identify compensating controls
- Ensure that the payments team can continue to execute processes that ensure business continuity while still addressing security risks
- Partner with the operations teams to improve business processes
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Fundamental knowledge of controls (preferably business or financial controls)
- Adapt to a constantly evolving environment
- The ability to communicate and work with department leads to remediate these issues
- Higher-level writing and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate issues to the team
- Critical thinking skills allow the candidate to identify risks and help develop solutions
- Experience engaging with sophisticated payment processes, large datasets, and critical technology / operational processes
- A financial audit or IT audit background OR
- A payments or operations background
- A CISA, CISM, PMP, CPA, CFA, or CIA certification
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure (or the self-drive to learn about our company’s systems)
- Experience/knowledge of SQL/Ruby/Python
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $131,250 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, sick leave, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth