Business Operations Specialist (Professional Services) at Granicus LLC
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, and digital services to more than 5,500 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 280 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve. Come see the impactful work we've done on communities across the country (and world!): https://granicus.com/success-stories/
Granicus is looking for an experienced Business Operations Specialist (Professional Services) to support its Professional Services team by facilitating project activation, administration, resource management, and reporting across the PS Organization. The PS Operations team is critical to the overall scalability of the Professional Services Organization. This position's primary responsibilities include the evaluation, assessment and review of Granicus service agreements for assignment to our software implementation teams.
Strong Business Operations Specialist candidates have a demonstrated record of creating and maintaining processes and systems that allow teams to function optimally. You'll need strong organizational skills to maintain existing processes, continually improve those that don't, and sound judgement to know the difference. A desire to be part of a results-driven, client-focused, fast paced team is a must.
This position is a remote, individual contributor role within the Client Services Operations department. Though a remote position, it would be preferable if the selected candidate is based in Washington DC; Denver, CO; St. Paul, MN. This role reports to the Professional Services Operations Manager.
Granicus is a remote first company (this isn't temporary). While we have virtual teams, you have the option for in-office work should you be located near one of our hubs.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
What You'll Do:
- Own and measure the processes that support project intake, activation & administration (the internal administrative process of transforming "won deals" into assigned implementation projects and subsequently closing them out)
- Develop into a subject matter expert on resource management (resource allocation, time tracking, skill/competency tracking, and forecasting) and PS reporting.
- Assist with reporting needs across the PS Organization. This includes the creation of standard and custom reports as requested by PS Leadership, as well as equipping front-line managers with reports that support their operational needs. Examples of standard reporting include: Utilization, Project Profitability, Resource Forecasting, Revenue Forecasting, and Project Health
- Become a mentor, trainer, and leader within the PS Operations team, to include the onboarding of new employees.
- Ensure operational programs and workflow best practices are adopted and employed at all levels of the PS organization through enablement and regular reviews. When points of process friction arise, architect scalable solutions.
- Partner with immediate PS and Client Services Operations team members, as well as cross-functionally with Finance, Business Systems and Business Insights teams to ensure reliability and accuracy of reporting on all Professional Services KPIs
- Leverage company-standard CRM (Salesforce), project management and reporting solutions to maintain user friendly methods for executing, tracking, and billing projects
- Operationalize the day-to-day maintenance of new tools, solutions, and processes to optimize the PS Teams' performance.
- Assist the Professional Services-specific systems integrations projects of newly acquired businesses
- Create and own documentation for existing processes and automated workflows within the PS Operations team.
- 3+ years experience in a business operations role, ideally with experience around reporting and business process automation
- Familiarity with enterprise-level CRM solutions (Salesforce preferred), data visualization tools (such as PowerBI) and project management solutions (OpenAir and/or Wrike experience strongly preferred)
- Possess superior communication skills - oral, written, and visual (ex: process mapping/workflow).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of the organization and various levels of technological acumen
- Demonstrated experience in project management, formal or informal
- Ability to own and solve problems independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Sustainable professional metabolism in a high-performance environment
- Excellent organization skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement
- Ability to translate raw data into meaningful metrics