Business Operations Manager at AMP Robotics
Business Operations Manager 9.22.2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for a Business Operations Manager to support, lead, and drive execution on near and long-term strategic priorities. Reporting to the Chief of Staff and working closely with the OCEO and OCFO, this role will work across the organization and externally to help deliver objective analysis, research and support the incubation of new opportunities, and ensure execution on quarterly/annual priorities.
As our Business Operations Manager, you will work to:
- Develop and execute on cross-functional mission-critical initiatives that do not already have a clear owner
- Support the Office of the CEO and CFO with strategic business planning and board activities
- Implement business and operational processes that will enable AMP to grow revenue and expand margins effectively and efficiently
- Research, analyze, incubate new business opportunities
- Support all departments at AMP to improve efficiency, reduce complexity, ensure execution
- Demonstrate the flexibility to take on multiple projects and competing priorities across a range of areas
The successful candidate will be:
Adaptable: You have an entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a disruptive business; you are comfortable flexing and pivoting as business needs require it
Resourceful: You’re comfortable executing with constrained resources and are creative with problem solving to get the job done
Data-driven: Data is your source of truth and you are comfortable using excel or SQL to get to that truth
A builder: You are able to understand complex business requirements and craft effective solutions to address them. You know how to evolve models, systems and processes so they don’t get stale when a company outgrows them
An effective communicator: You know how to communicate with multiple teams (technical, operational, finance, sales) and across multiple levels (executive, management, execution)
Collaborative: You build strong cross-functional relationships and get joy from the team’s collective success
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 4-8 years of experience, with a track record of top performance
- Experience in product/project management, new product/market/business development consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Expertise in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and related application expertise required.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
- Up to 10% travel
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $90,000 to $110,000 depending on experience
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical - The company covers up to 85% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Group Life, AD&D – 100% paid.
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid.
- Dental Insurance – 75% paid.
- Vision Insurance* - 75% paid.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provided through Cigna.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
- 401(k) retirement plan - (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.