Business Operations Manager
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
About the Role
As Business Operations Manager you will be a trusted business partner for the leadership of key products within a growth product portfolio, helping bring structure and rigor to the disciplines of planning and business performance management, and serving as “the glue that holds things together”.
What You Will Do:
Partner tightly with finance controllers to:
- Deeply understand and manage all use of funds inside the Business Unit.
- Build and maintain the tactical Opex and Capex plans on a rolling 6-quarter basis to ensure constant alignment with business strategy and product roadmaps
- Drive accountability of cost center owners to process requirements, variances, corrective action plans and exception requests
- Program manage cost reduction tasks, clawbacks & budget moves / cross-charges
- Design and lead financial management maturity programs
- Build workforce plans and site strategy across the Business Unit (engineering & product management)
- Analyze skill requirements over a 5-year planning horizon relative to the business strategy and product roadmap plans
- Build skill assessment profiles of the existing workforce and define direction for training programs
- Build workforce plans which pro-actively manage the "shape" of the organization and balance of role ratios
- Construct and implement RACI's and job descriptions which ensure role clarity and alignment with engineering development and product lifecycle methodologies
- Lead change management for any organizational changes
- Support business planning and investment case development
Engineering Resource Management
- Build and maintain a tactical hiring plan by role on a rolling 6-quarter basis
- Provide direction and oversight to the recruiting effort
- Support the New Product Introduction / Product Life Cycle and Agile processes with regards to resource capacity & program budgets
- Track and oversee engineering people resource assignments & load balancing to ensure maximum efficiency
- Define the approved spending by program and project and ensure coding into all resource tracking systems for accurate reporting
- Lead automation of resource management workflow
Additional Project Management / Leading Initiatives
- Participate / Lead engineering transformation initiatives
Education & Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in enterprise-level, cross-functional project and program management in a software development environment
- 5+ years’ experience in budget planning, forecasting, management or other significant financial accountability
- Experience with Agile software methodologies, particularly SAFe, is preferred
Skills You Have:
- Excellent planning and program management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially executive summary writing and note taking
- Very strong PowerPoint, Excel and Office365 skills
- High attention to detail
- Financial modeling
- Change management skills
Strengths You Demonstrate:
- An ability to drive collaboration and consensus, even among very senior level leaders
- A logical, pragmatic approach to solving complex organizational challenges
- An ability to dive deep into the detail, and yet also elevate to drive perspective from a strategic level
- A multi-disciplinary perspective and a natural tendency to see things from “end-to-end” across the operation of a business
What You'll Love About Us
Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!