Business Operations and Strategy at Good Buy Gear
Good Buy Gear is a Denver, CO-based managed vertical marketplace designed to offer secondhand baby and kids’ gear (such as strollers, toys, monitors, etc) with a vision to become the leading destination for eco-conscious consumers who like to buy gently used gear. This is an opportunity to gain valuable and sought after experience at the ground floor of a startup with tremendous potential to benefit from future growth of the company.
We are looking for a data-oriented team member to create and track the necessary processes, procedures and systems required to deliver on strategy and operational plans to support the strategic vision for the company.
- Accountable for inbound and outbound logistics strategy and execution in all markets against key operational metrics including processing, fulfillment, order management, transportation, delivery, shipping, warehouse pickup, 3rd party partners and reverse logistics
- Increase overall performance by improving workflow efficiency and ensuring individual accountability based on weekly reported KPIs of inbound processing, inventory levels/sell through, outbound fulfillment times, shipping/delivery costs and efficiency of our entire logistics cycle.
- Accountable for effective collaboration across internal teams, including Product, Customer Success, and Operations
- Manage warehouse capacity planning and distribution strategy including manpower and materials needed to achieve company strategy and growth
- Deeply analytical: use frameworks, data, and analytical tools to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment across multiple senior stakeholders, and reach insightful, actionable answers to challenging and ambiguous problems
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years of experience within a operations management consulting, 3pL warehousing and/or ecommerce distribution environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Logistics or related field or equivalent experience
- Leadership by example and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done side by side with the team while maintaining the big picture vision
- Super analytical mindset, with the ability to keep digging until you have reached the best answer
- Strong financial acumen, analytics and advanced Excel skills
- Experience dealing with fulfillment and logistics of MANY SKUs a plus
- Network planning and footprint design experience (distribution strategy) a plus!
Those with a subset of these requirements are encouraged to apply. We are looking for a flexible team player who can grow with the company and team!
At Good Buy Gear, we have a set of core values that drive our decision making, culture, and day-to-day approach toward growing our business.