Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Global – Merchant Solutions API Engineering Team is seeking a Business Analyst who functions as a technical expert for discovery and definition API features, create technical user stories, work with REST web services, and have the ability to partner with clients/developers through Agile dev sprints. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll sharpen your understanding of business processes and data analysis, while continuing to develop your leadership, management, and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, you'll make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
What you will be doing
- Work with the Product Owner and other team members to understand the product vision and features.
- Work with the other Business Analysts to direct the efforts and ensure business requirements are being thoroughly analyzed and translated into complete user stories for the development teams.
- Identify areas of the Product Features which require additional information from subject matter experts in order to define user stories
- Conduct meetings and interview stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand and document existing business processes and procedures
- Organize and refine the user stories in the product backlog
- Develop the functional requirements and acceptance criteria for user stories
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Document and communicate the results to the development team
- Work closely with the offshore Business Analysts to ensure all teams understand the business and technical requirements
- Assist the Scrum Master in prioritizing the product backlog and active development based on business needs and requirements
- Participate in daily development team standups and answer questions brought up by the team
- Serve as the liaison between business stakeholders, development team, and the QA testers
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements by performing acceptance testing
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree desirable.
- Experience in Agile Development and expertise in Scrum process, preferable SAFe.
- Strong understanding of JSON format, RESTful APIs, API testing tools such as Postman, ReadyAPI, SoapUI
- Strong understanding of building web services in technologies like Java, SpringBoot.
- Experience in writing detailed acceptance criteria/requirements for APIs, Web Services, and front-end user interfaces.
- Experience in consuming a high-level concept and drill down to both functional and non-functional requirements that are actionable.
- Understanding of Cloud based Architecture.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Clarity or Jira
- Experience in DB2, Oracle, or SQL server
- Experience with Data Power and Web Methods environment
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.