Business Development Manager, Engineering Services & IoT at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The IoT Business Development Manager (BDM) will drive solution sales growth within the assigned region and to a targeted customer base. They will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Arrow’s IoT discipline. Leading with engineering services, the BDM will promote and manage Arrow Electronics’ end to end solutions for IoT services enablement.
The BDM should have demonstrable business acumen and a have a deep understanding of business sales processes, excellent client relationships skills at the C-suite, and have a passion for technology. Additionally, the BDM should have experience working in Engineering and R&D services industry as well as a successful track record of selling engineering services for the past 8-10 years. A comprehensive understanding of cloud, connectivity and IoT edge device technology is strong asset.
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, support and close on new as well as existing client opportunities for Arrow Electronics in the IoT solutions space.
- Lead the identification, qualification and acquisition of clients within the defined region while working closely with the local Arrow branch teams.
- Through a trusted consultative approach sell complete IoT solutions including the full technology stack, data connectivity, cloud, analytics while also securing engineering services.
- Manage a matrixed decision-maker hierarchy and execute on the sales strategy and ensure consistent pricing, quota, planning and that high-quality customer requirements are met.
- Act as the Arrow Electronics trusted advisor, both internally and externally and help ensure the client’s targets are met and that Arrow’s profitability goals are met and exceeded.
- Leverage Arrow Electronics Management Executives and other senior Business Unit Leadership within the account when appropriate to strengthen client relationships and drive high revenue growth.
- Network externally to stay relevant within the assigned vertical and territory.
- Build and manage influential relationships with IoT suppliers and partners and clients.
- Ability to travel to remote, non-headquartered locations, up to 50% of the time.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven IoT professional with a deep understanding of IoT solution sales and the ability to solve customer business needs through a consultative approach and innovative application of edge to cloud implementations
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales and/or business development in the technology sector with at least 5 years of direct experience in IoT solutions
- Working knowledge and practical experience of all building blocks in turnkey IoT solutions such as PaaS, SaaS, dedicated IoT wireless connectivity, hardware, applications, cloud, analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated and verifiable success through sales at C-Suite and executives at the line of business level
- Education at Bachelor’s Degree level is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills with ability to lead presentations, panels and keynotes to large audiences
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And More!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)