AVP IT, Enterprise Application Development at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises.
This AVP, Enterprise Application Development, will be responsible for setting vision and executing strategy for the Enterprise Application Development organization within IT. The role will oversee all development processes around the portfolio of enterprise applications at Zayo, including overall design, development, integration, test, deployment, and tier 3 support.
- Fulfill the role as the engineering leader for Zayo’s application development organization: mentoring, growing and running a high functioning, highly productive, agile, inclusive, motivated engineering organization consisting of 4 Director-level direct reports, and an engineering organization of approximately 50-60 engineers
- Closely partner with the Enterprise Application business systems analysts as well as internal stakeholders to build vision and development roadmap that meet business goals and revenue targets, while aligning on objectives and priorities
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and lead the best software engineering talent for Zayo
- Make and own critical software engineering decisions, including technology to be used and architecture to be followed, and be proactive in foreseeing and resolving issues
- Ensure teams are accountable, have clear priorities and adequate resources
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, have full-stack software engineering knowledge and the ability to lead in a fast-paced agile technical and business environment. Adaptability, excellent communication skills and a company and team first approach are required to be successful in our evolving and highly collaborative environment. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and an awareness to make decisions with the best interest of Zayo in mind, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum Fifteen 15+ years of experience in information technology, experience in application, system and data architecture to include eight (8)+ years leadership experience in a complex information technology department.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of: Software development methodologies including overall roles, processes, stages, and value proposition of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience running a software engineering organization (i.e., creating engineering budget projections, headcount and infrastructure resource requests, driving hiring strategy, etc.)
Base salary range: $190,000-$210,000
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time