Avaya Technical Enablement Specialist at RingCentral
Avaya Technical Enablement Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, CO
Department: GSS Operations and Management
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
The Avaya Technical Enablement Specialist for RingCentral is responsible for the creation and delivery of technical, product, and communications training. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, stand-up in-classroom training, virtual instructor-led and recorded training sessions, Wiki page and LMS updates, and hand-out documentation creation for the enablement of Avaya Cloud Office (ACO) Support Desk tools, product features, and industry technologies. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in developing systems.
- Prepare and deliver group training for new topics as the need arises.
- Achieve training objectives through use of effective learning techniques and activities; adjust techniques to learning style of the participant.
- Coordinate with supervisors to identify staff development needs and implement training to meet those needs.
- Responsible for projects that support the on-boarding and training program (such as training feedback survey), as needed.
- Present information in a dynamic manner that motivates participants to learn.
- Coordinate, prepare, and organize materials, equipment, etc. for training sessions.
- Develop and maintain training modules in Learning Management System (LMS).
- Track employee progress and performance through training records.
- Generate training and other reports as requested; follow up as needed.
- Some travel globally may be required.
- Shows creativity and flair for design and presentation of interesting and engaging training content.
- Enjoys working with a dynamic, tight-knit team to produce cutting-edge, high-quality content.
- Stays up-to-date with training industry best practices and is willing to try new ideas to produce better content absorption.
- Expresses views openly and independently, has courage and confidence to challenge the status quo,
- Experience creating technical training plans and evaluations and instruction-based guides.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, targeting internal and external clients; proven ability to analyze audience needs and translate them to business requirements.
- Proven project management skills, including self-starter, organization, follow-through and problem-solving.
- Ability to develop, process, and communicate analytical information.
- Proficient in the application of training materials to web-based content delivery situations, development of education / training web pages / sites, web-based help, web-based tutorials.
- Final candidates will be asked to provide examples of prior work, a writing sample and a technical presentation.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college, university, or equivalent; six years overall experience and two plus years writing experience, communications experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of organizational staff.
- Competencies include excellent presentational, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in writing for multiple training and communications modalities, including audio scripts and written handouts.
- Networking knowledge a plus
- Advanced skills with MS Office: Power Point, Word, Excel
- Proficient in-course authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate a plus
- Microsoft Office and Google Docs Suite
- Adobe Captivate
- Mind mapping
- OBS Studio
- HTML & CSS
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.