Associate Scientist Oncology R&D, IVD Assay Development at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Residing in our Boulder, CO office, the Associate Scientist will join our Solid Tumor IVD Assay Development team and contribute key capabilities and expertise to our regulated product development efforts. The Associate Scientist position is responsible for development, execution, and critical evaluation of experimental designs in support of regulated products with only high level guidance. This person will interface with other assay development scientists, data analysts, statisticians, quality, and manufacturing personnel to support evidence-based decision making. The position is expected to keep detailed experimental records and communicate data to supervisors and peers in a thorough and honest manner..
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Design, plan, execute, and analyze experiments
- Interpret scientific results and provide recommendations for moving forward
- Consolidate and communicate results to scientists, project leaders, or customers as reports or technical summaries
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date lab notebooks, sample inventories, etc.
- Generate quality control or manufacturing and design control documentation
- Communicate feasibility of deadlines set for CDx projects
- Meet deadlines and drive projects forward
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 3-5+ years of laboratory experience (required)
- 1-2+ years in an industry setting (preferred)
- Proficiency in PCR, qPCR, and molecular genetic techniques (required)
- Proficiency in oral and written technical communication (required)
- Familiarity with NGS and bioinformatics (required)
- Familiarity with statistical analyses (preferred)
- Familiarity with R, python, or other coding languages (preferred)
- Experience in a CLIA or CAP setting (preferred)
- Self Starter
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure that focus on success of the company is achieved
- Strong writing and verbal communication
- Strong science acumen
- MS or PhD in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $90,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.