At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Associate Planner - Facilities Planning & Interiors
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 80 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s three million SF of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Planning & Interior team designs office space in new and existing buildings, and supports growth across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. The team works to implement and enhance building amenities and services and create facilities that foster Ball culture across our campuses.
The Associate Facilities Planner will support scheduling, project management efforts, and Planner efforts in remodeling or reconfiguring Ball office space. In this role, you will assist with Facilities vendor management and invoicing coding and review and support the Planning team in strategic space planning and office designing initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide move scheduling coordination throughout the office to internal customers and team members on site.
- Review, validate and schedule incoming personnel and equipment MAC (Move/Add/Change) requests, utilizing a CAFM data base, Archibus.
- Coordinate & Schedule desk phone and data moves with internal IT group.
- Daily scheduling, monitoring and oversight of on-site movers and heavy haulers.
- Assist SR Planners with initial space planning and programming, furniture layout and specification, budgets, and procurement and installation coordination.
- Review, code and process furniture, design, and vendor invoices for payment.
- Provide planning and interior design services to support Ball campuses. Work with internal Ball business units and support team goals, functional needs, space requirements and budget.
- Support and work with the Planning Strategy lead in creating innovative design solutions, maximizing space, introducing amenities and flexible working environments that support a dynamic workforce and environment.
- Assist Planners with designing dynamic and sustainable office space solutions, utilizing existing and/or new modular systems and/or free-standing furniture. Provide cost-effective space planning solutions by utilizing existing company furniture standards, when possible.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving Facilities Management trends, office space design, and furniture and ergonomic best practices and translate changes in work environment design into dynamic spaces for Ball employees.
- Assist with Ball CAFM/IWMS Facilities databases, ensuring organizational informational, space labeling and numbering, floor plans and other space related documentation are up to date.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Facilities Management, with an emphasis in Facilities Design and/or Project Management highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Proven history of regular attendance and schedule flexibility is required for this position.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Willingness to cross-train for other job function.
- Proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD 2014+.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with IFMA and ANSI/BOMA standards and Facilities Management Associations.
- Ability and willingness to travel between campuses, as needed to support projects.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $55,000 - $74,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.