Associate, Marketplace Operations & Payment Strategy
Guild is hiring for an Associate to join the Marketplace Operations & Payments Strategy team (MOPS).
As the Associate, Marketplace Operations & Payment Strategy, you will support day-to-day partner management for Guild’s Education Benefits Management platform, one of the company’s fastest-growing and most vital business segments. The Benefits Management platform is a highly cross-functional system, incorporating technology, payment strategy, partnership management, education benefits policy and process to manage tuition benefits for thousands of Guild students.
You will play a pivotal role supporting the development of strong relationships internally, with Guild’s new and existing Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners, to ensure the smooth operation of the payments system across the Guild marketplace. You will learn and develop an expertise in the workflows and needs of Guild and Guild’s partners, what it takes to implement new partners, support policies, policy updates and eligibility visibility, thereby enabling the support Guild students need to succeed in their academic programs. This role will report to Chloe Rittenhouse, Senior Manager.
As a Marketplace Operations & Payments Strategy Associate, you will:
- Support the Sr. Manager of Payments with new and existing academic and employer partners account management, including areas related to education benefit program & policy strategy and design, education benefits administration, and tuition facilitation, including troubleshooting
- Support project management for new implementations and initiatives, including day to day management of the billing workstream, translating employer policies into our day to day operations, drafting new policy positions or processes, developing student-facing training materials and FAQs, etc
- Support ongoing management of new employer and academic partners into Guild’s Benefits Management platform, while ensuring contractual requirements are met.
- Take on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Finance, Data Engineering, Product, Client Success and Academic Partnerships teams)
- Build and manage strong relationships with Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners that position Guild as a valuable long-term education benefits provider
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the MOPS team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Mae Podesta, Eric Doty, Magali Perez, Terrence Cummings, Randi Cosentino, and Employer and Academic Success Account Managers.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong presentation skills a plus
- Organization with a high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level progress & small details
- Maturity and ability to engage with stakeholders across levels
- Passion for helping our students access and understand their educational benefit
- Excitement to see and support the intersection of Guild’s business model and technology while learning new and building upon existing skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Finance, Data Engineering, Product, Client Success, Academic Partnerships teams)
- Building and managing strong relationships with Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners that position Guild as a valuable long-term education benefits provider
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.