Associate Director, Strategy at Angi (Remote)
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About The Role
This position is open to upcoming MBA graduates for Spring 2022. Our Strategy role is a unique opportunity to work directly with the leaders of Angi on some of the most impactful areas of the business. You will work cross-functionally across departments, be responsible for the strategy and execution of key projects, and get to know the inner-workings of a fast-growing tech marketplace in a way no other role allows. This is the perfect role for hungry, analytical team-players who want to develop as leaders of technology companies or start their own businesses.
You will devise strategy, build frameworks, structure solutions, and drive and measure results in the most critical areas of the business, while developing as a future leader of the organization.
Partner with Angi leaders to solve core business problems and drive results. This includes:
- Building frameworks and developing plans – help take a business objective or goal and break it down into a cohesive plan – identify specific areas of opportunity through analysis, understand the drivers behind them, set metrics to focus on, and establish goals and milestones that will get us there.
- Structuring actionable solutions – Take different drivers from a plan and develop action items that we can begin to execute on (this may involve working with internal teams like operations, product or marketing, or external vendors or partners).
- Driving and measuring results – Analyze findings and results, measure impact, and remove any roadblocks with new actions or alterations that are necessary. A plan is only successful if it helps reach a business goal.
- Lead projects end-to-end – given Angi is evolving continuously, be prepared to jump into different areas of the business and take the lead in certain mission critical areas. This could involve leading a product initiative that works across departments, pursuing a new growth or partnership opportunity, or spearheading a new operational initiative.
- Develop as a future leader of the organization – by working through different projects and areas of the business, develop as a leader of the organization with a) a deep level of expertise on how best to drive impact at Angi, b) develop an ability to work with and manage high performers, and c) become a champion of Angi’s value and culture.
What we're looking for
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- 4-6 years of professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
- MBA graduate from a top business school
- Structured thinkers, with strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solvers with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Entrepreneurial-minded with the willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive salary, year-end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world