The students of The Beehive are all children of Guild Education Denver employees. We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations. The Beehive is located on the 3rd floor of Republic Plaza’s annex building off the 16th Street Mall, adjacent to Guild’s office spaces.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our inaugural early childhood team to co-define with us.As an Assistant Teacher you will:
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
- Encourage and foster an inviting, warm and nurturing learning environment.
- Support lead teachers in implementing a play-based general educational curriculum with developmentally appropriate practices to address physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of children.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to develop positive learning experiences
- Prepare materials for lessons, demonstrations, and bulletin boards
- Use brightwheel classroom software to supervise daily student activities and progress and share with families.
- Attend staff meetings, professional development, and training sessions
- Ensure child safety in the classroom, playground and in common areas.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for individual children’s development as they learn and grow
- Passion to work with a team of teachers and support staff to enable a high-quality child and family experience every day
- Energy and creativity to be part of the inaugural team of an exciting start-up.
- Flexibility and patience to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative new environment
- Nurturing and caring approach to children
- Strong time management and ability to stoop and bend to interact on a child’s level, and stand up to 95% of the day
- High school diploma, some college level courses in Early Childhood Education
- Certification in child first aid and CPR (Guild will train employees if you are not already certified)
- 16 hours of training from Colorado Shines PDIS
- 1 or more years of experience working with children
- Must pass background check before starting employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Flexible availability 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout the classroom.
- Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, The Beehive has adopted a COVID-19 policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, Beehive families, and visitors from the community. As a prospective and/or a new employee of The Beehive, you will be required to comply with our protocol. As a condition of your employment, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by your first day of work.
At The Beehive we care about our employees and their wellbeing which is why we offer a range of benefits to help support them and their families. Benefits are available to staff members who work 30+ hours/week. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, with an hourly rate of $19-$21 as well as Guild company stock options. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Additional benefits include:
- Access to low cost, high quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (CA & CO) including $0 premium family plans and low copays across all of our plans
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth, Including student loan and tuition assistance programs.
- Paid company holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth (June 18th), 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas
- 2 weeks of accrued vacation and 10 sick days throughout the year
- Family friendly benefits including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer paid short term and long term disability, employer sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Ability to enroll your age appropriate child in The Beehive, pending availability.
- Well rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend, transportation and parking reimbursement, and access to free/low cost mental health resources and support services.
- And more!
The Beehive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For questions contact [email protected].