Assembly Technician 3/23/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Assembly Technician reporting to the Production Manager to focus on assembling components for robotic systems.
As an Assembly Technician, you will work to:
- Assemble components and complex subassemblies by following work instructions, utilizing tools prescribed, in adherence to quality standards.
- Verify adherence to specifications by testing/measuring completed assemblies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Administer supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; requesting and/or placing and orders for supplies; verifying receipt.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed and assisting others to accomplish overall goals.
- Contribute to our continuous improvement initiatives.
Your role will impact the business by assuring that production is on pace as directed by the Production Manager. You will also be instrumental in helping to create and improve processes that reduce time and cost, improve safety, and improve product quality.
The successful candidate will have:
- Teamwork mindset with can do attitude.
- Safety and quality focused, good judgment, and decision making aptitude, ability to monitor self performance.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a quality aptitude.
- Equipment Maintenance, and/or manufacturing experience particularly with complex electromechanical parts.
- Depth of power tool experience.
- Experience following engineering assembly documentation.
- Experience wiring and troubleshooting electronics at a systems level.
- Experience working in an environment with little supervision, and are able to work productively without being “managed”.
- Has experience with HSE processes like:
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
- 2-4 years assembly, electrical, mechanical, assembly or manufacturing experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- Broomfield (Main).
- Louisville (Rare).
- Denver (Rare).
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $20-$23/hr
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.