Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Application Support Engineers are laser-focused on providing exceptional technical operations support across Pie’s internal and customer-facing applications. Provide thoughtful and insightful customer service through organization, urgency, and application knowledge.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver or DC office once our office re-opens, however, we will consider this role for continued remote work in the United States once our offices reopen with some travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You'll Do It
- Technical Operations Support and Monitoring:
- Answers technical inquiries, diagnoses reported application problems, recommends possible solutions and resolves routine technical operations related issues.
- Provides timely and professional communications to the organization and follows through with the proper escalation if unable to resolve.
- Uses monitoring tools to find problems, resolve them and/or escalate to Product Management / Engineering.
- Defines and documents best practices and contributes to company knowledge sharing efforts.
- Leads discussions with the Product Management team to prioritize and assign reported issues.
- Gathers relevant metrics and regularly updates stakeholders.
- Provide customer service:
- You’ll provide thoughtful and insightful customer service through organization, urgency, and application knowledge.
- Help diagnose and troubleshoot issues with customers and users (internal and external) of the system.
- Constantly seeks to improve processes by collecting customer feedback.
- Keeping customers up to date on progress and process.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in an application support role is required.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Intermediate awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), basic office machines.
- General knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Prior exposure to Agile development frameworks (e.g. Scrum/Kanban).
- Extensive experience with Jira Service Desk.
- Prior exposure to Salesforce.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Must be adaptable - we are a startup and you need to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn and master Pie’s proprietary software.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $90,000 - $118,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding