Application Support Engineer, ODX (swing shift) at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at ODX, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech startup and the stability of a larger organization, the ODX team unites around the goal of leading the future of small business lending technology. Here, everyone has a voice and sharing ideas is celebrated and encouraged. We have a bold and challenging journey ahead, and we can’t wait to make it happen together.
Reporting to the Director, Technology and Delivery Operations your best work will result in superb internal and external customer response to ODX application support inquires.
As an Application Support Engineer at ODX on the Production Support Team, you will:
- Interact with every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and apply workarounds to resolve any technical issues with ODX internal and external applications.
- Manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests related to ODX production applications – from initial intake and clarification with the internal end user through fulfilment, resolution, and knowledge sharing.
- Act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources when Major Incidents occur in production.
- Respond to tickets/requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule and manage batch jobs that are critical to the business and have complex dependencies.
- Learn about and help align the team with ITIL best practices.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Qualifications to make it happen:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar.
- Very strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Knowledge of Unix/ Linux commands.
- Experience in working in Linux environment.
- Strong knowledge of Database Management and SQL queries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 1 year experience working in support of partner/client relationship(s).
- Strong understanding software architecture and supporting technologies.
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working in the Financial industry or with Web applications.
- Knowledge of any programming language like java, python, bash will be a huge plus.
- Ability to automate manual works through scripting.
- ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
ODX’s ground-breaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**