Application Management Consultant for FIS Risk, Credit and Lending at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining a rapidly expanding team to help manage the growing client-base in the Risk, Credit and Lending Managed Services portfolio. An increasing amount of FIS clients are taking advantage of the Managed Services offering including Hosting, Application Management (AMS), Testing as a Service (TaaS) and Managed Upgrades. The successful candidate with work remotely in supporting clients daily use of Ambit Asset Finance.
What you will be doing
You are a skilled, motivated and ambitious individual who will lead from the front using excellent technical ability to define your own core processes. You will be responsible for advising the client in ongoing use of the software, while preventing negative impact to users or business operations. You will engage with other teams in the Managed Services group, demonstrating leadership ability, while focusing on delivering the best possible outcome to the client
- Work closely with the FIS Project Manager to understand the project timeline and ensure all responsible activities are planned;
- Ensure due diligence through the pre-upgrade checklist by working with the TaaS, AMS and Hosting teams ensuring all pre-requisites have been fulfilled;
- Define and provide technical checkpoints and support to cover database upgrade, installation configuration, integrity checks for plug-ins and stored procedures developed by FIS;
- Reconcile and document data and schema changes between the versions, ensuring that client-specific configuration persist across upgrade
- Display competency and understanding of the core modules and processes of all FIS developed solutions, being proactive in the ongoing learning process and becoming the subject matter expert
- Review Release Notes to manage all functional changes between versions, communicating clearly to the client as part of the “like-for-like” upgrade, and managing any client-requested changes through the Change Request process;
- Document and provide training on functional and technical changes delivered in the upgrade version;
- Ensure the smooth transition from Client Test to Production environment for the go-live cut-over period.
- Display ongoing initiative to streamline all the above processes, including automating repeatable tasks, with a wide remit to promote and own continuous improvement for greater efficiency in a massive growth area for the business.
What you bring:
- Experience in consulting and/or software application implementations in a finance context;
- Ambition and an understanding of the multitude of opportunities available – there is no barrier for personal development, growth and career progression for the right person
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial, operational and business processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships;
- Experience in understanding current consulting and project management practices;
- Excellent functional and technical problem-solving skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently or within a team, displaying leadership skills at all times
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Ambit Asset Finance is preferable
- SQL technical ability is essential
- Crystal Reports knowledge would be ideal
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities;
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The opportunity to make your mark in rapidly growing team, with plenty of scope for career progression;
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.