Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and servicing aircraft including engines, engine systems, and airframe components to ensure aircraft remains in safe operating condition. Tests, adjusts, and replaces parts such as tires, wiring, and instruments using various test equipment, technical diagrams, maintenance manuals, and mechanics’ tools. Is familiar with the field’s procedures, practices, and concepts. Relies on judgment and experience to accomplish a variety of complicated tasks. Additionally responsible for fuel farm maintenance, tenant invoicing, and regulatory reporting.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and replacement of limited parts on all company aircraft.
- Rebuilds spare assemblies such as brakes and wheels. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions primarily related
- to the mechanical components of the aircraft. May be cross-trained to install, inspect, test, adjust, or repair avionics equipment such as aircraft communication and navigation systems, radar, autopilots, and other electronic devices.
- Ensures compliance with all service letters and air worthiness directives.
- Ensures all test equipment is calibrated and maintained.
- Oversees quality controls as they apply to the maintenance of all corporate aircraft.
- Assists the manager, aircraft maintenance, with inspections of aircraft to insure airworthiness and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Assumes manager’s duties when manager, aircraft maintenance, is unavailable.
- Travels with aircraft during outsourced maintenance events to supervise and approve vendor’s work.
- Responsible for fuel farm maintenance and inspection, fuel purchasing, delivery, and testing to verify specification, quality and cleanliness. Keeps records of fuel distribution to company aircraft and tenants, determines pricing, and arranges monthly invoicing of tenants.
- Responsible for required hangar facility regulatory reporting to local, state, and federal authorities.
- Responsible for appropriate disposal of facility hazardous wastes.
- Assists with maintenance and repair recordkeeping. Maintains and repairs equipment used in the operation of the hangar.
- Helps select maintenance and repair vendors for hangar facility; schedules and assigns duties to aircraft and hangar cleaners.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school or GED
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Satisfactory completion of manufacturer’s approved training school; FAA authorized inspector’s license; certified aircraft and power plant mechanic.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze problems and take corrective action.
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association – 407 Standard for Aircraft Fuel Servicing.
- Knowledge of Colorado Department of Labor and Employment – Division of Oil and Public Safety Storage Tank Regulations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 63,500 - 95,600 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 7A
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans