Aircraft Mechanic Technicians at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking several Contract Aircraft Mechanic Technicians These positions will be onsite in our Centennial, Colorado facility; expected term through July 31,2021.
As an Aircraft Tech, you will be responsible for systems installation and integration for XB-1, the first independently developed supersonic jet and history's fastest civil aircraft. Tasks could include landing gear installation, flight controls installation and rigging, hydraulic system installation, ECS system installation, cockpit systems integration, and various other component or systems installations.
Qualifications - Aircraft Technician
-5+ years of experience
- Must have experience with experimental first article aircraft builds
- Great mechanical aptitude
- Experience installing and maintaining aircraft systems including fuel, landing gear, hydraulics and electrical
-experience in integrated aircraft testing and instrumentation desired
- Drawing interpretation and inspection of components to troubleshoot assembly process
- Ability to use basic measuring tools, tape measure, caliper, scales
- A&P certification desired
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Salary Range for this position is $25-$43 an hour and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position
- This is a 3-4 month contract position and will be on-site in Centennial, Colorado
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description