Advanced Systems Manager III - Survivability & Strike at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Advanced Systems Manager III – Survivability & Strike
What You'll Do:
- Work with other Survivability & Strike team members, customers, and end users to find solutions to today's needs and help develop concepts for next generation platforms.
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on capturing Survivability and Strike programs and transitioning them into successful development programs.
- Assess market potential for existing markets and develop investment plans to penetrate new or lateral markets.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts to inform Survivability and Strike five- and ten-year strategic plans strategic plans.
- Direct innovative research and establish industrial partnerships necessary to effectively compete in Survivability and Strike markets.
- Work with our prime and government customers to translate technical antenna and electronics performance into recommended Concepts of Employment to provide the maximum tactical advantage to our warfighters.
- Develop proposal strategy, including technical presentations, win themes, key points, and pricing. Coordinate all proposal activities, prepare various inputs, and oversee final proposal preparation and delivery.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Current, active Secret security clearance. A Top-Secret clearance with SSBI preferred
- Experience with Missile Platforms, Customers and Market.
- Strong program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities, including a track record of successfully managing the transition of new technologies and developmental hardware. Earned Value Management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments. Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Strong programmatic background within classified program environments for government or industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated proposal leadership experience including strong technical writing skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.