Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Advanced Systems Manager - Ground Systems, Operations and Sustainment Advanced Programs Engineering
What You’ll Do:
- Lead engineering aspects of business capture activities related to intelligence community (IC) ground systems, civil ground systems, and tactical ground systems including the entire lifecycle from concept design through operations and sustainment.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, strategies, competitive intelligence, and technology forecasts commensurate with business unit strategic plans relative to their respective markets.
- Partner with portfolio and business area leaders to develop and implement strategic capture plan.
- Develop strong customer relationships, understand customer needs, and shape Ball’s ground technology roadmap to meet those needs. Establish and nurture necessary industry partnerships to effectively compete for new opportunities.
- Lead and support proposal development (strategies, management, writing, reviews) to successfully capture new business in the ground functional area.
- Collaborate with Ball Aerospace personnel in our Colorado, Ohio, New Mexico, and the National Capital Area (NCA) offices.
- Lead creation of white papers and capability briefings in response to customer needs and to shape requirements and acquisition strategies.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace core ground systems competencies and capabilities including Mission Control, processing architectures, GEOINT applications, cloud-computing infrastructures, and development processes. Related experience includes the research, design, development, and deployment of ground systems, command and control, and/or mission architectures for the DoD and/or IC. Experience with agile development and DevOps practices preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposals for DoD and/or IC including strong technical writing skills.
- Strong technical competence in one or more of the following areas: Enterprise IT systems, software development, ground processing frameworks, command and control for ISR systems and sensors, EO technology and payloads, RF technology and payloads, and ISR mission CONOPs.
- Demonstrated ability to grow new business and knowledge of current government acquisition strategies.
- Experience working and operating within classified program environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly for senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Strong program management skills.
- Influencing, communication, and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.