Administrator III - IT Planner at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Administrator III - IT Planner
The Administator III will play a key role in acquisition planning of ITS hardware and software to support ITS and larger organizational strategies, as well as communicating and executing upon the overall strategy for the organization. Within this role the Administator III is responsible for working with ITS vendor management, leadership and project managers, as well as Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), Engineering, and Finance to coordinate purchases against the planned budget. The Administator III will be responsible for executing, tracking, and reporting through the procurement lifecycle.
What You'll Do:
- Work collaboratively with ITS to execute purchase requisitions through approval of hardware and software as requested.
- Collaborate with ITS, partner business units and vendor management to understand and execute ITS procurements.
- Execute the responsibilities of this role by leveraging the Ball Aerospace purchasing, invoicing, and accounting suite of tools.
- Work with finance and vendor management to understand and plan IT procurements in relation to various budgets.
- Partner with ITS vendor management, leadership, and project managers; as well as integrated supply chain (ISC), engineering, and finance to coordinate purchase requisitions.
- Transactionally create purchase requisitions for annual software and hardware maintenance renewals in a timely manner.
- Provide up to date information needed to support the maintenance of project schedules and current status.
- Support the execution of the ITS and larger Ball Aerospace organizational strategies, utilizing change management strategies.
- Identify and raise timely concerns related to purchase requisitions and processes associated.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute IT transactional purchase requisitions.
- Strong computer knowledge and organizational skills, and must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint).
- Experience using Costpoint, OnBase, IFS, a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and able to work independently as needed.
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Comfortable with, and able to provide structure to, ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is also able to work well in teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.