Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Administrator II – Contracts
As a Contracts Administrator in the Tactical Solutions (TS) contracts department, reporting to a Manager, Contracts, you will assume a hands-on Contract Administrator II role as an individual contributor.
What You'll Do:
- Provide contract negotiation and administration on a variety of programs encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract close out).
- Collaborate with other employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program personnel, and for establishing effective relationships with key customers.
- Assist the Manager in reviewing contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance with various federal regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Government Security Clearance is desirable.
- Government and Commercial (domestic and international desirable) contracts experience.
- Experience with various contract types, cost reimbursement, fixed price, and T&M contracts preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations.
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation strategies.
- Must be a leader with strong conflict resolution skills in a changing environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.