Administrative Manager at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Vice President of Systems Engineering Solutions (SES) and the SES Directors within SES, with advancement of Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and Strategic Support Unit (SSU) operational functionalities across the company.
- Employee supervision: This position will have supervisory responsibility over one or more Administrative staff in the SES organization.
- Host administrative staff meetings to coordinate and manage data collection and/or completion of assigned tasks.
- Develop plans, cost estimates, and forecasts to support departmental requirements.
- Conceive and develop solutions to administrative challenges through the applications of professionally accepted administrative techniques, practices. and procedures.
- Prepare appropriate requests, disseminate information and gather / format responses regarding internal or external tasks, events, or inquiries.
- Recommend, interpret, and implement company and internal administrative policies and procedures.
- May coordinate and/or supervise work with other activities, resolve conflicts, interpret policy, determine, recommend, and/or implement creative solutions.
- Maintain required records and reports, SharePoint sites and network filing systems in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- May interview junior administrator candidates and recommend hiring.
- Assist in the management and execution of ordering materials and reconciling invoices. Decisions made in these areas are substantive and may directly impact the mission of the business enterprise.
- Meeting and calendar management: Manage the highly fluid calendar of the Vice President of SES and other Directors as necessary.
- Travel preparation: Schedule flights, make hotel reservations and coordinate out-of-town meetings, complete and process expense reports for the Vice President of SES and other members of the SES leadership as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related administrative experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven record of attention to detail and cost-conscious mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work well with people at all levels within the company.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the use of Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills including the ability to maintain composure when faced with competing ideas and build consensus on a path forward that supports the mission.
- Experience creating and reading Ball reports and dashboards and providing training or presentations to staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task from multiple stakeholders, alerting management, in a timely fashion, when there are roadblocks preventing completion.
- Ability to drive actions to timely closure and solve problems independently.
- Ability to handle sensitive information while being counted on to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral. Demonstrated confidence to reach out and develop relationships with others without requiring introduction.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.