Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space systems that drive mission success. From space situational awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation's greatest challenges.
Administrative Associate III
This role would be expected to Go Beyond with Ball Aerospace and provide comprehensive administrative support to multiple programs in the National Defense organization.
The selected candidate will provide a full range of administrative work assignments for multiple program teams. We are looking for an ambitious Administrative Associate, who is driven, highly organized, levelheaded, an effective communicator and comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
What You'll Do:
- Provide a wide variety of administrative tasks for programs and associated program team members.
- Document procedures, prepare reports, compile data for analysis, coordinate activities, investigate and resolve problems.
- Maintain databases, records, spreadsheets; prepare various schedules and perform data entry, etc.
- Prepare written documents, communications, and presentation materials for meetings and presentations.
- Maintain program calendars and schedule meetings in Outlook.
- Arrange meetings with internal and external customers.
- Set-up and support meetings; keep minutes as necessary.
- Greet external visitors.
- Order catering for meetings.
- Make conference room reservations.
- Prepare various paperwork in support of program needs.
- Coordinate office moves for new and current program team members.
- Assist with incoming phone calls.
- Make travel arrangements and reservations.
- Prepare travel and business expense reports using Deltek.
- Perform computer data entry, retrieval, and word processing. Operate other computer software programs and various other types of office equipment.
- Maintain various tracking databases in Excel.
- File and retrieve records, folders, or other materials.
- Coordinate events and training for the Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- Work with highly confidential information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Must have extensive computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Applications) and high-level administrative skills.
- Ability to work with considerable independence and as part of the team.
- Must have ability to work under pressure and handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Demonstrated decision making based on knowledge of organization policies and procedures, and the Director's requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality concerning sensitive information is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $20.19 - $27.16 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.