Administrative Associate III - Civil Space at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Civil Space Strategic Business Unit develops many of the world’s pioneering space and science missions. From delivering entire missions to contributing component level expertise, we value our role as a mission partner and our ability to provide science at any scale. Our team of scientists work with the science community to understand their missions and deliver systems that go beyond expectation.
Administrative Associate III – Civil Space
What You’ll Do:
- Provide administrative support for programs and associated program team members in the Civil Space Programs organization.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks, such as, documenting procedures, preparing reports, entering and compiling data for analysis, word processing, coordinating activities, investigating and resolving problems.
- Prepare statistical reports; gather and interpret data; maintain databases, records, spreadsheets; update and track budgets; coordinate various schedules.
- Represent organizational unit in working with administrative policies and procedures.
- Maintain program(s) SharePoint site.
- Prepare written documents, communications, and presentation materials for meetings and presentations.
- Maintain program calendars and schedule meetings in Outlook.
- Arrange, set-up and support meetings with internal and external customers.
- Make conference room reservations.
- Order catering for meetings.
- Greet external vendors and customers, and coordinate security access for visitors.
- Prepare various paperwork in support of program needs.
- Coordinate office moves (MAC requests) for new and current program team members.
- Collaborate and contribute on teams and projects.
- Make travel arrangements and reservations.
- Prepare travel and business expense reports using Deltek.
- Process purchasing card bills and invoices in a timely fashion.
- Order office supplies, troubleshoot equipment issues, and report facility needs for the assigned work area.
- Maintain various tracking databases in Excel.
- File and retrieve records, folders, or other materials.
- Work with highly sensitive and confidential information and situations, requiring the employee to handle situations appropriately, and maintain proper confidentiality.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must have extensive computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Applications) and high-level administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Ability to work with considerable independence and as part of the team.
- Must have ability to work under pressure and handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Demonstrated decision making based on knowledge of organization policies and procedures, and the program´s requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning sensitive information is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.