Administrative Assistant at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:12 p.m. (MST) on Monday, February 10, 2020
As an Administrative Assistant you will play a critical role in supporting several local Executives. Our Denver office is growing quickly and with your organization, time management and administrative skills, you will have a lasting, powerful impact on how we do business.
How You’ll Do It
To do their best work, our Executive team needs an agile individual that addresses a variety of work styles. Pie’s Administrative Assistant role will demand flexibility and the ability to perform operational tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. You will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s daily operations and team interactions. Working well cross-functionally is a key part of this role. You will also process a high volume of daily transactions such as:
• Identifying and anticipating the administrative needs of 4-6 Executive team members in the Denver office.
• Heavy, proactive calendar support. These leaders need someone to manage and coordinate their busy schedules. This includes resolving conflicts, ensuring regularly scheduled one on ones with their team members, coordinating team meetings, ordering catering, booking conference rooms in multiple offices, arranging video conference connections, and ensuring the meetings are attended.
• Communicating with internal stakeholders from Executive level to Recruiting & People team to Inside Sales with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality.
• Project work (e.g. Assist in the online internal training program for the Engineering, Product and Data teams, distributing updated Product roadmap dashboards companywide, etc.)
• Navigating technologies comfortably in the MS Office and GSuite universes.
• Light travel booking and expense reporting.
• Support and backup to the other Administrative staff in the Denver office with such tasks as receiving packages, greeting visitors, planning company wide events, maintaining the kitchen space, onboarding new employees, etc.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our downtown Denver office near LoDo. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a team player who is happy to help out any of our Pie-oneers. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This role is non-exempt, and the level of experience is entry-level to associate. We expect you’ll have spent at least 1 year in a support or coordinator role, ideally in a customer-facing environment. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
The Right Stuff
- People. You enjoy helping others and creating amazing work life experiences.
- Detail Orientation. You can identify gaps in organization and will review your work, addressing the gaps and fixing errors with minimal direction.
- Time Management. You have a sense of urgency and will act promptly when issues arise, or action is needed.
- Communication. You will work closely with other Pie-oneers and will be the person with whom our visitors first interact. Tact, diplomacy, good humor and a smile are your armor for navigating tough situations.
- Hospitality Orientation. As the first person with whom visitors and candidates will interact, you aim to create happy experiences. You want to ensure everyone around you is comfortable.
- Teamwork. Work in concert with other administrative professionals in the company on events and company initiatives.
- Process. You enjoy finding the opportunities to create, automate and improve processes.
- Adaptable. No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
- Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
- Flexibility. You are willing to be agile and remain open to working before/after normal business hours as needed, while also tackling special projects / duties as assigned.
- Technology. You are experienced with the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. You have familiarity in GSuite products as well. Experience with MS Teams is a big plus!
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description