Simple Energy is a fast-paced, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption. We’re looking for someone to join our team and help us change the world.
As an Account Specialist, you’ll work with our Sales and Client Engagement teams to deliver exciting projects for our clients. You’ll work on the Client Engagement team responsible for the KPIs and overall success of our existing programs. Account Specialist partner with people from various areas, both internally and externally, to drive the day to day tactical execution of the program operations with existing and new clients. This is a highly visible customer facing role.
To be successful, you’ll need to collaborate with both internal and external resources, including utility program staff and Simple Energy Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Executives so the right candidate needs to be adept and effective at cross functional communication and coordination.
This role requires great flexibility as you’ll be serving in a variety of roles and working across multiple Simple Energy departments. This will be sure to keep it interesting!
Overall, we're looking for someone who can jump in and assist us in executing on our programs.
- Gather requirements and configure our solution to meet client goals and needs
- Execute on our program processes, such as outbound communication, program reporting and content creation
- Create client reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Work to continually automate our reporting offerings through process and software automation
- Serve as first line of application troubleshooting for our Customer Support Team and identify root cause of issues
- Create descriptive, complete JIRA tickets and work with our Engineering team to drive them to completion
- QA email, web, and content across channels in support of our client engagement and program operations teams
- Understand our technical and business integration processes and assist customers with questions/issues throughout the integration process
- Effectively communicate program status and health to clients via status reports and status meetings
- Take ownership of piloting accounts and ensuring that all key deliverables are understood and met
- Familiarity or foundational knowledge in energy efficiency would be preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly familiarize themselves with the intricacies of each program and customer
- Strong proficiency in excel. A candidate must be able to manipulate data using vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems within the constraints of a SaaS offering
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment such as technology, consulting or a startup
- BA/BS degree
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters and will not accept resumes from third party recruiting firms.