Access Planning Specialist at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is responsible for optimizing leased access circuits, network fiber and facilities infrastructure. This position is also responsible for forecasting and reporting against financial targets and project goals. The successful planner is required to collaborate with internal departments such as Engineering, ISP, and OSP on new deployment projects as well as get involved with network escalations due to maintenance issues.
- Identification of network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated in addition to planning and managing circuit grooming projects.
- Develop city/market plans for network capacity planning and optimization opportunity.
- Participate with ILEC/CLEC vendor management as it pertains to developing and managing SLA/NDAs and performance reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree, Engineering, or Business Administration other related financial or technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects /networks.
- Knowledge of Type II / Off-net ordering systems and processed with multiple vendors including CLEC’s & ILEC’s.
- Experience in Access Planning, Circuit Design, or Billing Reconciliation
- Data reconciliation through database access and reporting.
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- Experience in cost/benefit analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Familiarity with SONET, DS3/DS1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
- Experience in defining capacity planning requirements.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively; ability to multi-task.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic who is self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competitive compensation
- Base Salary Range in CO: $60,000-$75,000
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave