Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is responsible for optimizing leased space & power facilities, facilities infrastructure and our broader network operations expenses. This position is also responsible for forecasting and reporting against optimization targets and project goals. The successful planner is required to collaborate with internal departments such as Engineering, ISP, and OSP on new deployment projects as well as get involved with network escalations due to maintenance issues or forced relocations.
- Identification of network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated in addition to planning and managing circuit grooming projects.
- Assist engineering teams with developing city/market plans for network capacity planning and optimization opportunities.
- Create reports to aid in identifying potential cost savings projects.
- Work with Finance on understanding expense reserves and vendor dispute balances, working to have those resolved in order to generate EBITDA.
- Bachelor's Degree, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, or another related financial or technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working on complex, innovative projects /networks.
- Experience in Access Planning, ISP design, or Billing Reconciliation
- Data reconciliation through database access and reporting.
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- Experience in cost/benefit analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively; ability to multi-task.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic who is self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Base salary range: $52,789-$57,689
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave