Officer, Global Trade Management & Compliance
Officer, Global Trade Management & Compliance
THE OFFICER, GLOBAL TRADE MANAGEMENT & COMPLIANCE ensures compliance with applicable regional, local, and U.S. export and import control laws and regulations concerning the movement of goods and services across borders, in order to protect Arrow from fines, penalties and publicity resulting from violations. The position acts as a liaison among several internal groups across Arrow businesses such as IT, legal, sales, logistics, asset management, operations and others in an effort to ensure proper adherence to trade management and trade control laws and regulations. The position provides import and export clearance support for inbound and outbound shipments and may direct external freight forwarders, brokers, and couriers and internal shipping/transportation staff on clearance instructions. This position provides regulatory guidance for inbound and outbound transactions with respect to Customs and duty requirements. The position also provides occasional support for projects related to trade management and trade compliance. All responsibilities are performed in accordance with established Arrow policy, processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 30% - Determine and assign local export/import country and U.S. license requirements to orders blocked within trade compliance software for trade control reasons, and to orders processed outside of compliance software or Arrow systems. Be familiar with US Export Regulations (e.g. EAR, ITAR) for exporting from the US and remain current with changes to the regulations. When necessary, escalate orders to regional department Manager or Program Manager, or regional department leader for guidance. Provide and support analysis and regulatory guidance on Free / Preferential Trade Agreements.
- 15% - Process global supply chain partners review, including reviews of current government restricted / denied parties list matches to confirm decision for partner release or block within trade compliance software, Customer End Use and Export Compliance Certifications (EUC), End User Statements, etc. When necessary, escalate partners to regional department Manager or Program Manager, or regional department leader for guidance.
- 15% - Provide shipment clearance instructions on import and export transactions to internal and external contacts. Apply consistent methodology when assigning Harmonized Tariff Schedule number (HTS) to new products and across similar products and product families. When necessary, engage regional department Manager or Program Manager, or regional department leader for guidance, or shipping department representatives for support.
- 10% - Prepare and submit government license applications when required for select export and import transactions. Process government licenses following local regulations (including reporting for import/export licenses, General Licenses, record keeping, etc.).
- 10% - Provide trade management & compliance support and guidance regarding current laws and regulations to internal entities and contacts.
- 20% - Perform other trade management and compliance related duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of 0 % travel per year.
Following necessary training on relevant laws, regulations, and Arrow policy, processes and procedures, and skills & judgment assessment by the relevant regional department leader, the position will be responsible for:
determining and administering local/regional and U.S. license requirements for individual export/import transactions; releasing or blocking suspect partners for Global Arrow businesses; providing documented instructions for export/import release and clearance to internal and external contacts when needed; preparing and submitting export/import license applications to local/regional government authorities; providing support to global Arrow employees on trade management and trade compliance needs; and performing special projects designed to support trade management and compliance activities and responsibilities of the company.
Though the position does not involve personnel management responsibilities, it may be necessary to assist with initial training and activity supervision of new Officer employees to the department.
- Two to four years in trade management or trade compliance roles, including involvement in processing export/import transactions. Export/Import licensing experience is preferred.
- MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point); basic database familiarity.
CONTRACTS (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL):
- GTM&C Managers, Leaders, Analysts, Officers, regional leaders, and Global Director.
- IT, legal, sales, customer service, logistics, shipping/receiving, transportation, asset management, and operations.
- Brokers, carriers, couriers, freight forwarders, Customs, government export/import licensing authorities, vendors, customers.
- Communication and diplomacy skills to guide, persuade and influence others internally or externally.
- Reading, listening, analysis, and interpretation of written and spoken processes, instructions, reports and regulations.
- Languages: English – fluent, additional language beside native language is preferred
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing