VP, Search Engine Optimization at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Vice President of Search Engine Optimization who will be responsible for developing and implementing SEO strategies that drive new customer acquisition and product adoption. As we seek to reboot our SEO strategy and build best in class experiences, the VP of SEO will lead this effort for the business via research, analytics and evangelizing SEO best practices across the organization. This role reports directly to the SVP of Product and can either sit at our headquarters in Denver, CO or in our New York office.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
- Fiercely competitive with a sense of urgency, creativity and curiosity for how we can outperform the competition, and drive stakeholders in product, analytics and engineering to deliver the data and tools needed to be effective
- An expert in how changes in competition and the dynamic homeservices landscape can impact campaign performance, and build scalable solutions to stay ahead of the trend
- Nimble and able to measure performance across keyword targets while experimenting with new page development, AB testing, schema’s, on-page optimization, etc.
- Collaborative by nature with a bias toward action
- Constantly staying abreast of new technologies, SEO concepts and best practices (keyword searches, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, etc.)
What you’ll do:
- Develop, manage and evolve our SEO strategy, roadmap and vision to grow the HomeAdvisor userbase
- Audit our current SEO processes and campaigns to find opportunities to grow our natural search channels
- Leverage analytics and data to prioritize SEO initiatives within the overall product roadmap
- Extract insights, identify relevant trends and provide proactive recommendations for overall organic performance, algorithmic changes and other competitive actions
- Build a strong team of SEO experts to build best in class experiences
- Work with Product and Technology teams to ensure SEO considerations are factored into other products and features
- Serve as the SEO expert to your team and partners across the business
- Identify KPI’s to effectively measure and manage campaigns with a focus on iteration and constant improvement
Skills and experience for success:
- 10+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience
- Proven success in strategizing and executing technical and content-driven SEO initiatives to acquire users efficiently and at scale
- Expertise with the tactics of on-page (server-side rendering, crawling, natural language generation and AB testing) and off-page SEO across all major search engines
- Prior experience scaling organic search for sites with 10MM+ monthly search traffic
- Strong technical background within engineering, product or other areas of technical prowess
- Deep understanding of MVP’s, product lifecycles, and how your SEO strategy impacts product, user acquisition, scale and organizational growth
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with experience structuring and performing complex analysis within organic search to drive efficient growth
- Powerful communication skills with an ability to engage and influence senior management
- Extensive experience working alongside product and other internal stakeholders to drive success
- Knowledge and working experience with BI and SEO tools like Google Analytics, etc.
We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’ve made it this far along our post, this probably sounds a lot like you and where you want to thrive! We would be delighted to have the opportunity to start the conversation!