VP, Product Marketing
We are seeking a collaborative, creative, and data-driven Product Marketing leader to join our Marketing Team to help drive Vertafore's vision, messaging and revenue growth.
The Vice President will be a key bridge to Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to ensure cross-functional success of our products. The leader of Product Marketing will lead the team responsible for connecting our products and offerings with existing and potential customers. You'll do this via an "outside-in" approach – by developing a deep understanding of our customers desired business outcomes, market trends, valid technologies, and competitive products and filtering all content through that lens. In addition to curating and sharing these insights across the company, the Product Marketing team will leverage this knowledge to help shape product development roadmaps and influence user-facing product decisions.
The VP, Product Marketing will be responsible for driving key elements of vision, messaging, and execution of our overall go-to-market. This position reports to the CMO. The ideal candidate demonstrates success in developing compelling value propositions, messaging, content, go-to-market strategies, and marketing plans with specific strength in B2B marketing to both current and future customers.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Launch & Commercialization
- Lead the team – including multiple directors, product marketing managers and specialists – responsible for go-to-market planning and execution including messaging, packaging, launch and delivery of our products.
- Proactively collaborate across all marketing teams including demand generation, product marketing, creative services as well as the entire organization including sales, product, technology, and beyond to achieve key revenue and strategic goals.
- Drives strategic planning & alignment across appropriate Sales & Marketing functions (Demand Gen, Events, Web, Sales Enablement, etc.).
- Support the execution of effective lead generation programs through strategic alignment of new business and customer-focused field-marketing events, trade shows, PR, webcasts, etc.
- In conjunction w/ Sales Enablement& Training, provide content and support to train and optimize the impact of sales and customer support teams.
Strategic Partner to Product Management
- Act as the voice of the customer in partnership with product management to inform our short and long-term portfolio and platform investments by deeply understanding our industry, market landscape, competitive positioning and all stakeholders, buyers and users of our products.
- Working in conjunction with Prd Mgmt leads to align product launches into thematic GTM pillars reinforcing "our story" and elevating messaging to business outcomes and experiences (v. individual products and features).
- Responsible for implementing new product strategy working closely with our Product Management teams and supporting customer/market research.
- Develop and implement the strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion and selling of our products.
Advocacy & Thought Leadership (internal & external)
- Create and update buyer personas and serve as the voice of the customer – internally
- and externally – ensuring that our solutions, programs, campaigns and content are authentic in tone and resonate with target customers.
- Serve as advocate for our vision and products through thought leadership: blogging, social media, and speaking engagements, etc.
- Develop relationships and engage across industry to secure thought leadership opportunities at trade events, industry boards and other avenues to elevate our visibility as thought leaders in the industry.
- Keep the company up to date with market trends and competitive G2.
Team Leader (within Mktg & across company)
- Inspirational leader w/ experience and empathy to create a unique culture within the marketing organization, plus experience recruiting and building high-performing teams at all levels in product and portfolio marketing.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, org savvy, with demonstrated experience collaborating with and/or working across multiple functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in leading and managing product marketing organizations.
- Demonstrated experience developing positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas, and a proven track record of creating and executing successful go-to market plans.
- Expertise synthesizing customer, product, and marketing data to make analytic-driven recommendation.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, and passionate about building profitable businesses
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with superior attention to detail. Track record of working with executive management
- 10+ years of product marketing experience - ideally within InsurTech, Financial Services, technology, or related organizations.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's in Business Administration in Marketing, Advertising, Information Technology or related degree or applicable experience preferred.
- The candidate has previously developed new product messaging and driven usage expansion at a proven technology vendor.
- The candidate has a strong background in product marketing, experience in developing effective sales enablement materials and has ideally served in product management as well.
- You will be a player-coach who not only executes, but also coaches and develops an awesome product marketing team that you will help build.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.