Metric Theory is searching for a Vice President to lead our paid search team. That team of diverse, curious and talented search marketers helped deliver SEM Agency of the Year awards from both Search Engine Land and the US Search Awards.
As the head of the department, you will oversee a team of 60+ paid search experts, directly managing the Directors and Associate Directors that guide those teams. You will foster growth, professional development, research & development, testing and best practices across the agency. You’ll also develop best-in-class search strategy for 100+ B2B, eCommerce and user acquisition clients with over $250M in annual search spend (and growing) under management.
We are looking for someone who blends a passion for paid search with a track record of coaching and development. The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to manage and develop our awesome talent, but also drive best-in-class search strategy.
- Manage a team of 4-6 Directors and Associate Directors
- Lead monthly unit-wide meetings
- Assist in hiring 20-30 more paid search professionals in 2022
- Train your team in advanced paid search advertising, client management skills, and talent development.
- Focus on personnel development through ongoing feedback, performance reviews and weekly 1-on-1s with team members
- Provide support and recognition for your team
- Motivate and guide team to hit quarterly account growth and retention targets
- Through collaboration, develop best practices for an organization of 60+ search marketers
- Secure adoption of search best practices across the agency
- Participate in client pitches, demonstrating competence in search strategy
- Guide overall paid search unit strategy, forecasting, and planning
- Ideal candidate has 12+ years of agency paid search advertising experience
- Proven team leadership and minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Ideal candidate has 3+ years of managing people managers
- Experience directing strategy for both B2B and B2C paid search efforts
- Experience participating in the hiring process for all levels of search expertise
- Ability to think strategically and drive solid results to grow the business
- Strong data analytics and strategy background
- Exceptional communication skills with experience presenting to large teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an eagerness to work as a member of a fast-growing team
Metric Theory is one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices across the country. Founded in 2012 as a team of six, MT has grown into a 200+ company and a respected competitor in our industry (see awards below). In January 2021, Metric Theory merged with Media.Monks in order to expand our services offering and increase our visibility in the advertising space. We are committed to empowering employees and promoting self-awareness, teamwork, empathy, and proactiveness throughout our organization.
Most Recent Notable Awards:
• Built In Best Places to Work in San Francisco, Denver and New York in 2021
• US Search Awards Agency of the Year in 2020
• Digiday Worklife Award for "Most Dedicated to Employee Growth" in 2020
• Search Engine Land Agency of The Year in 2019
• Digiday Worklife Award in 2019
• Adweek 100: Fastest Growing Agencies in 2019
• Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Inc. Best Workplaces 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2017-2021
• #7 in Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures 2018
Why We’re Frequently Ranked a Best Place to Work:
• Tireless focus on culture, values and inclusion that unites everyone around common goals and shared principles
• Openness to new ideas that affords employees the opportunity to make a difference on day 1
• Frequent 360-degree feedback that pushes everyone to get better together
• Universal eagerness to help each other without the expectation of anything in return
• Conscious focus on learning & professional development at all levels of the organization
• Unlimited paid time off, sick days, and 14 company-wide holidays including Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, New Years Eve & Day, Juneteenth, and International Women's Day (to name a few)
• Unlimited opportunity to work from home or in a fully remote work setting, we also have offices nationwide for a full time or hybrid work model
• Fully covered medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your family; family planning assistance; 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for both parents
• 401(k) company contribution; monthly wifi stipend; work from home stipend; pet insurance; Talkspace and Headspace memberships, and more!