VP, Consumer Marketing at Guild Education
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our latest $157 million financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
The VP Consumer Marketing is a newly created role and critical member of our Student Growth senior leadership team, reporting to the President of Guild. In this role, you will lead our consumer (i.e. student) marketing team in building a consumer brand experience consistent with our mission to unlock opportunity for the 88 million American workers in need of upskilling and reskilling, with a double-bottom line business model that does well by doing good. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, results-oriented leader who is also excited to roll up their sleeves to execute strategy.
If you are a passionate consumer marketing leader and deeply experienced consumer brand builder with a desire to apply your skills to one of the most important problems of our time, this opportunity might be a great fit for you.
As VP of Consumer Marketing, you will:
- Drive the strategy and lead the execution establishing Guild as the leading consumer brand unlocking opportunity for America’s workforce
- Grow, lead, mentor and develop an exceptional team driving a multi-channel strategy to support current and prospective students in their journey back to and through school
- Partner closely with product and student operations teams to understand our students’ needs, and craft and execute against unified strategies to deliver exceptional experiences
- Take a data-centric approach to gather customer insights and use the data to inform future marketing programs as well as optimize existing campaigns
- Foster a culture of mission-driven impact, rapid iteration and learning, and harnessing insights from the combination of data and user feedback
In addition to partnering with Josh, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Rachel Carlson (CEO), Bijal Shah (Chief Technology Officer), and Suzanne Stoller (Chief People Officer) as well as with the leadership of our B2B Marketing team to ensure a unified brand voice.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Exceptional experience as a consumer marketing leader, adept at leveraging customer insights and data to drive strategy for both brand building and performance marketing
- A “fan club” of former colleagues and coworkers eager to join you on your next adventure
- Deep passion for Guild’s mission
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.