Technical Writer at RingCentral
Technical Writer Team Lead: GSS
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Department: Global Self-Service
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communications products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging, and contact center software. Our products power mission-critical systems for businesses large and small, require enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow, and require an exemplary user experience, starting from customer onboarding through to full implementation.
We're looking for a standout documentation team lead with a background in technical writing to join our team working on world-class post-sales self-service content. If you're a passionate, curious, and motivated leader, we'd love to hear from you.
In this position, you'll be joining the RingCentral Global Self-Service team in the Denver and Boulder offices (location is flexible). There, you'll work with information architects, technical writers, product managers, engineers, support staff, product experts, and various company stakeholders to help contribute to our growing body of technical documentation.
You'll be supporting the Manager of Documentation & Information Architecture in the day-to-day responsibilities of keeping the documentation team running smoothly. The documentation team consists of technical writers and editors, content designers, team leads, and CMS and DAM managers. Currently, the team is in the process of more than doubling in size, with multiple team members located in diverse locations (both overseas and stateside).
Your responsibilities will include technical writing and editing, project planning and implementation, business and product research and analysis, and creation, maintenance, and optimization of team processes. You should be self-motivated, organized, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and passionate about learning new and emerging technologies. You should be skilled in technical writing, copy editing, content editing, and project planning, and you should be skilled at creative problem-solving and interacting with both customers and internal staff across different teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assists the Documentation Manager in defining, scoping, and building all content-related projects
- Builds out a comprehensive work plan for each assigned project
- Manages content/editorial/project calendars and task blueprints, creating and adjusting and assigning as needed
- Facilitates productivity amongst all team members, assisting with roadblock removal to the best of abilities
- Monitors and communicates project and milestone statuses and timelines for all members of the documentation team as needed
- Assists with gathering business requirements and conducting research on products and initiatives as needed, presenting findings and recommendations to Documentation Manager
- Assists in defining and updating team processes and creates, maintains, and updates internal process documents
- Provides recommendations for documentation and process optimization and implements strategies as directed by Documentation Manager
- Liaises with other teams/departments to facilitate cross-team collaboration and implement large-scale strategic content initiatives
- Communicates with end-users, from internal staff to external customers, to gain information on the user experience
- Assists with copy and/or content editing as needed
- Assists with technical writing as needed
- May represent the Documentation Manager in meetings as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to convey important information clearly and effectively
- Strong leadership and initiative
- Excellent delegator and mediator
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Responsible, goal-oriented and organized
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Confident, proactive, and willing to take on workplace challenges
- Great listening skills and ability to take direction
- Able to motivate others
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent time management skills with the capability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize
- Project management experience a strong plus
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and/or change management
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets, and metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Ability to adapt and/or flex as needs change
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.