Greater Denver Area
Position: Technical Writer
Location: Broomfield, CO
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
As a Technical Writer with Alteryx, you'll be responsible for producing and delivering software documentation such as online help, release notes, sample and tutorial instructions, stand-alone guides, and internal reference documentation. You'd also contribute to UX/UI reviews. You'd also work alongside teams across the company to understand content, assimilate feedback, and communicate highly technical information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner.
- Complete and deliver online help and documentation to Alteryx customers
- Work with product managers, developers, and other subject matter experts to write software documentation and release notes
- Work with user experience designers to write user interface text
- Solicit and implement feedback from the Technical Writing team and subject matter experts
- Follow existing processes for information gathering, documentation, source control, and delivery, and collaborate with the Technical Writing Team to develop new team processes and standards
- Actively participate in team agile ceremonies, including stand-ups, planning, and retrospectives
- Set personal timelines and schedules to accommodate shifting priorities
- BS in Computer Science, Journalism, Statistics, Math, or Economics
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in technical writing, product documentation, or instructional design, preferably in a cloud-based enterprise software company
- Expertise with content authoring software and familiarity with source control tools
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys collaborating and innovating with team members and development teams
- Ability to translate technical information into language that is easily understood by an end-user
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Innovative and motivated to improve current team and organizational processes
- Familiarity with agile processes and ceremonies
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered. Please do not inquire.
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Read Full Job Description