Technical Marketing Manager
Greater Denver Area
Druva is the global leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, delivering the industry’s first data management-as-a-service solution that aggregates data from endpoints, servers and cloud applications and leverages the public cloud to offer a single pane of glass to enable data protection, governance and intelligence–dramatically increasing the availability and visibility of business critical information, while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of managing and protecting it.
Druva’s award-winning solutions intelligently collect data, and unify backup, disaster recovery, archival and governance capabilities onto a single, optimized data set. As the industry’s fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations, and protects over 40 PB of data.
We are looking for Technical Marketing Manger to join our rapidly growing Product Organization. As a Technical Marketing Manager at Druva, you will play a key role in ensuring that our Pre Sales team and partners have the technical knowledge and tools to win and meet aggressive business targets.
You will be responsible for creating technical content and collateral, training sales engineers, conducting deep technical analysis and demonstrations of competitive products while acting as technical expert and evangelist on Druva products.
This is an individual contributor role that reports directly into the VP of Product Management.
- Create Technical Content and Collateral that can be consumed by our Presales teams or customers.
- This includes, but is not limited to 2-3 minute video vignettes, Technical White papers, design guides, and Technical Solution Briefs
- Install, evaluate and conduct in depth analysis of competitve products to compare them with Druva’s offering. Arm our sales and partner teams with adequate competitive insights during sales cycle
- Conduct regular trainings for Pre-sales (SE) teams on existing and upcoming product features.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on the product.
- Assist Presales and PS teams with critical POCs during the sales cycle to win deals or close a prospect
- Find ways to scale product knowledge and access to frequently asked questions (FAQs) by implementing new tools, process etc as needed
- Participate in Product Planning process, influence the Product roadmap to ensure customer voice, field input are captured
- Support Marketing events and tradeshows as required as a product expert and evangelist.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years Technical Marketing Engineer, Solution Architect, Pre-Sales Engineer, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience with Storage and Data Center technologies.
- Deep understanding of the DC storage, compute and applications stack such as VMware, EC2, NAS, S3, SQL & Oracle databases).
- At least 2 years of experience working with data protection solutions - Backup and Recovery, DR
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (SaaS, IaaS) and understanding of public clouds, especially Amazon AWS is a plus!
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must love creating content - Videos, Solution Briefs, Design Guides etc, with the ability to create original technical content based on research findings
- Strong customer empathy.
- Ability to understand customer needs around product / technology and translate those as requirements back to Product team member
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills.
- Must be able to communicate / demonstrate product functionality and advantages to customers, large and small audiences
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment
Read Full Job Description