Technical Marketing Manager - Platform at Sumo Logic
Technical Marketing Manager (platform)
Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, this role will provide strategic planning and tactical execution of technical content development, sales enablement and customer engagement for Sumo Logic (across both IT Ops/DevOps and Security Analytics markets). The successful candidate will bring a few years of Analytics domain expertise, to gain credibility quickly with sales & customers as the Subject matter expert.
- Develop technical marketing plans through deep engagement with product management, engineering, sales and other marketing teams
- Design and develop technical sales and marketing collateral including demos/scripts, benchmarks, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, videos and field training courses
- Support technical customer meetings and training (as needed)
- Deliver technical enablement to sales, sales engineering and partners
- Support competitive assessments as Sumo technical SME
- Drive technical sales initiatives
- Drive integrated communications initiatives with other businesses and teams across internal and partner ecosystem
- Minimum 5 years experience in product management or technical product marketing or sales engineering or technical marketing roles with a complex SaaS offering geared to IT Ops / DevOps or Security.
- Experience building demos, workshops, benchmarks and other technical sales / marketing collateral
- Highly technical to be able to independently develop demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to evangelize how Sumo excels at offerings for the various IT Operations persona both internally and externally.
- Highly collaborative work style to learn from others and build upon their ideas.
- Passion for driving product innovation and to effectively communicate cross functionally within Product Development, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Curiosity to learn the intricacies of Sumo Logic's business and adapt past experiences to Sumo Logic's current opportunities.
- Technical undergraduate degree
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.