Technical Marketing Manager - End Users & Data Security/Governance at Druva
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
Druva is seeking a Technical Marketing leader with strong technical and communication skills. Reporting into the VP of Products, this person will build and lead all aspects of Technical Marketing for Druva’s End User Data protection, Data Governance and Cyber Resilience products. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering, Pre-Sales and Product Marketing teams to support strategic planning and tactical execution for product launches, Sales enablement and other go to market initiatives. You will be responsible for creating and managing compelling technical content and demos while enabling pre-sales engineers and solution architects to understand and sell our products effectively.
This is a strategic role with the opportunity to directly impact and influence go to market execution in a hyper growth pre IPO SaaS company.
- Develop technical sales and marketing collateral including demos, blogs, TCO and sizing calculators, technical white papers, product videos and performance benchmarks
- Own and Conduct product trainings, demos to enable Sales Engineering, Professional Services, and other technical field teams
- Support product launches and New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives with technical content, demos, training and other launch activities
- Conduct competitive tear downs/analysis and provide input to Competitive Intel (CI) and sales teams
- Provide technical input and feedback to Engineers and Product managers to improve the products and influence product roadmaps
- Partner with Marketing team to demonstrate and present products to analysts, customers or prospects during webinars, seminars or at industry events and conferences
- Respond to customer or field inquiries and assist with POC efforts (as needed)
- Build and lead a team of highly impactful technical marketers
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Min 5 years of experience in technical marketing or sales engineering
- 7+ years of experience working with Enterprise Software or SaaS solutions
- Must be highly technical with hands-on (install, use, configure, demo) experience working on Backup and Recovery and Data Security/Governance products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Must be adept at independently creating technical content - Videos, Demos, Solution Briefs, Design Guides etc.
- Must be able to communicate / demonstrate product functionality and advantages to customers, large and small audiences. Experience and ability establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases
- Capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Must love working with technology with a keen sense to develop or automate solutions. Ability to develop software or write scripts is a big plus
- Team Player with strong leadership skills. Must be able to drive and deliver results by collaborating with various teams in the company.
- Understanding of Collaboration and CRM SaaS Apps (M365, Google Workspace SFDC), Cloud Storage Models, Public Cloud (e.g.) AWS is a big plus
- Technical Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience