As a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) for you will help set our technical marketing strategy and be our initial resource for driving critical assets important to building brand awareness and thought leadership. In this role, you will work closely with Product Marketing to understand the product marketing and brand strategy and reinforce the technical value proposition of our products and solutions, build supporting product demos and tools. You will also take feedback from product management and be clued into early customer feedback and objections, in order to present the products in the best light possible. You may be brought in to present to prospects and customers as well as at key industry events (virtual or in person in the future).
You will also be responsible for developing demonstration use cases that deliver a value-based dialogue and showcase the product for appropriate use cases and audiences, including webinar presentations. The role involves ownership and project management of technical marketing initiatives, such as those above, working closely with other members of product marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management, and development engineering.
Lastly, this role also supports setting up technology partner environments in the cloud (primarily in the IAM and remote work (VDI/VPN) domain, testing the TruU solution against these to certify standards-based support, and generating videos that can be used for marketing these relationships and obtaining partner certifications and placement.
Product demonstrations: You will design and deliver value-based demonstrations and demos of our products. Duties also include working with product marketing to develop demo videos, demo scripts and data sets, handling demo infrastructure logistics, maintaining and updating demos, and providing technical support for demo-related matters.
Industry virtual / thought leadership building events: You will develop the demo and showcase the strategy of our products at industry events and webinar presentations. You will also attend tradeshows and other events to represent us and demonstrate our technology, as well as plan the product showcase and technical strategy of product-related events.
Product marketing support: You will participate and help execute launches by coordinating with a cross-functional made up of sales, product management, engineering and marketing; help drive campaigns and product launches that ensure adoption and traction with our customers including building out technical product content (demos and videos), feedback on messaging, help pitch our technology, assist in the development of product collateral and sales tools, and support the launch plan.
Sales tools: You will equip the sales and business development teams with key assets to sell our story effectively, building out technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, product videos, technical briefs, and other tools as needed.
Market /competitive research: Conduct primary and secondary technical competitive intelligence to aid in product marketing’s understanding of the competition for the development of battlecards and sales strategy.
Partner certification and marketing: You will assist in certifying TruU with other products in the enterprise IAM landscape and develop videos to highlight the integration value.
- 4+ years of experience in technical marketing engineering, technical product marketing, or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong technical skills in setting up environments and installing products, basic cloud skills on AWS or Azure, and solid strong skills.
- Comfortable setting up demos for live presentation and delivering them, with expertise in highlight product value
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology to different types of audiences.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software company.
- Strong experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is critical.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, no matter the task
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup working culture; comfortable operating with ambiguity
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience